This is where a lot of time and money is spent. I quickly learned that Astrophotography is an exciting rabbit hole to go down. I try to be very careful with my gear and have built each telescope kit to run independently, meaning I have two full setups, a wide-field and a close-in narrow field telescope.
Telescope(s) – I use two different telescopes depending on the deep-space object (DSO) I am targeting.
- Celestron C6″ @ 945mm/1500mm (narrow-field)
- William Optics GT71 @ 336mm/420mm (wide-field)
Imaging Camera(s) – Again depending on the target or telescope being used, I’ll choose between the cameras below.
- ZWO 294mc-pro
- ZWO 533mc-pro
- ZWO 462mc (planetary camera)
- William Optics 50mm
- ZWO 290mm-mini
- Skywatcher EQ6r-Pro with pier extension
- ZWO EAF
- ASI Air Pro
- Optolong l’pro 2″ (great galaxy filter)
- Optolong l’enhance 2″
- Optolong l’extreme 2″ (dual-narrowband for OSC)
- Optolong UV/IR Cut 2″